Sax on the Web Forum banner

Lover Man...Conn 10M 1941

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ptung 
Wow. OK. Your post has made me realize something. The change in ownership has sort of increased the level of playing in posts like this.

I like a lot of things about your post. The visual image you chose even matches the way you play, and your choice, and the strong parts of your playing.

The lack of replies has nothing to do with the quality of your playing. It's because you're not in the US, and because you play better than a lot of people who pat each other on the back about their playing who don't play as well.

Jazz is no longer a music that belongs to the US. I've known this for years, but this post and thread drive it home. You love it more than us because it is more appropriate to your lives than ours. That is really weird (I am speaking/writing to the US audience now, for a moment) because it is an "oral tradition," meaning the way it used to be studied and passed was person-to-person, and part of that is that during its development we did not have a way to study (via Youtube, you name it, readily available just click it and go) as people can study today. If you wanted to study somebody, a treasured rare recording, you had to go hunt it down, and play the grooves out of the LP.

I'm being a little corny, but your post and the lack of response point out to me that this music now belongs more to you than "US."

What you posted is a lot better than the playing in lots of posts from 10 years ago that would not have gone three days without a response.

I applaud you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.