Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any thjoughts on what the loudest metronome (without using earpieces or amplification hook ups) is?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,799 Posts
Whatever you do don't do what I did. I bought a metronome in the store that was pretty loud. Got home and put it on my stand and could barely hear it. It turns out the maker put the speaker on the back of the metronom so it you set it down it muffles the sound. Duh!!!

The one I use now is pretty loud. It's a Sorinuri MT-1 . It has a tuner also. Although I prefer my Korg tuner more than this one. It's has helped when I forgot my Korg and need a tuner........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Korg KDM-2 is the loudest one I have heard standalone.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Check out metronomes marketed especially for drummers. I have no real experience with this, but I'm sure they exist, and they ought to be pretty loud.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just compared my various metronomes, and the Yamaha QT-1 is the loudest by far. The only drawback is that it has no secondary uses - except maybe as a paperweight (it's huge and bulky).

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
I know this may sound a little wacky but if you have mics and amps lying around that will give you more volume if that's what you need. I have actually done this with a traditional tick tock wooden metronome (which is the kind I like because of the sound and the pendulum arm thingy which is a good visual cue).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Most keyboard workstations have a click / sequencer these days. Used ones are so inexpensive it's crazy... Run it through your amp combo / stereo / PA / studio / whatever and it'll be as loud as your gear allows...and you get a new toy to play with that does more than go "click"

·
Registered
547 Posts
Most keyboard workstations have a click / sequencer these days. Used ones are so inexpensive it's crazy... Run it through your amp combo / stereo / PA / studio / whatever and it'll be as loud as your gear allows...and you get a new toy to play with that does more than go "click"
Apparently you did not understand the fundamental difference of idea of a pulsating metronome - it does not act on hearing, but on the body. Rhythm problems can be associated with cerebral insufficiency, for example, dyscalculia; where an ordinary metronome is completely helpless. In such cases, the rhythmic touch on playing hand restores the pupil's sense of rhythm. Until now, I used melodica for this, but such a metronome can solve the problem right away on the instrument.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts