Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2007 Distinguished SOTW Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing on my lelandais made king equi true alto mouthpiece and have been liking it pretty well. There are two problems that may be related. When playing around the lower G or A it the sax wants to break to the higher octave and upon examining the piece I noticed the metal shank is slightly loose. I am thinking this could be leaking and may or may not be the cause. My tone edge or my goldbeck mouthpieces do not break up like this. The Lelandais plays really free otherwise and feels good so I would like to not give up on it too soon. What is the best way to repair this for a permanent fix?

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one has a metal shank that fits on the cork and all the way to the chamber. the rest of the mouthpiece is HR and the HR section has come loose from the metal. Not enough that the two pieces come apart but enough to rotate back and forth a few degrees. I am thinking the two pieces would need to be rebonded together. I am wondering if I should try to separate the two sections and then reglue them together or try to get some adhesive like superglue or UV activated glue to seep in there to seal it up. What is the best course of action?

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
I would still try to temporarily seal the suspected leak to see if that fixes the problem. Can you tape over the joints? If it does, then procede with pulling it apart to reglue it. I would use a gel Superglue or a 2-part 5-min clear epoxy (to fill gaps). If leaks do not seem to be the problem, then it may be a facing problem.

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's makes sense. I will try it tonight and see if it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts