Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was hoping for advice on locating a good tech to go over my new Yani bari 901. It wasn't purchased from a brick and mortar dealer, so I don't have that as an option. It sounds great except my low E sounds a bit muffled. I understand even brand new instruments often need some slight adjustments right off the bat.

Online searches of course point me to music repair businesses locally, but wanted to see if there are any recommendations for one in central Pennsylvania (especially Lancaster Co.)

Thanks

J

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don’t know the dealers in PA, but I would recommend against using anyone who doesn’t have a good reputation. I drive 2 to 4 hours to get to my dealers because I don’t live in a great spot. It’s probably worth the time to drive to Philly if that is where the best guy is. I’ve bumped into ‘the local guy’ who hasn’t recognized the value of an original lacquer SBA, and I’ve seen people tell me that my horn is in top shape, when it wasn’t working. I’ve had pads installed incorrectly. You don’t want people like this tweaking your equipment, especially a nice Yani.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BJ, Thanks for the advice. Yeah - I've started directing my searches more towards the Philly area to be assured they are quality techs. Certainly worth a 1 1/2 hour drive to make sure it is done correctly give the expensive I put out to get the Yani in the first place.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,347 Posts
You might check with Tim Price. He is in Reading, although he does spend a lot of time in NYC, so that may be his "go to" option. Tim is a member here, so you could PM him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts