Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon a site where SOMEBODY reviews MANY saxophones from a repairman's/engineer's point of view as well as from an aesthetic point of view. He talks about differences between different models as well as about changes within a model line over the years, regarding post placement, key supports, pivot screws, blue steel springs, stainless springs ... he seems to know saxophones inside and out. But, I can't remember how to get there or who he was. If someone has a strong suspicion of who/what I'm talking about, would you be so kind as to steer me in the direction? I promise I will write it down and never bother anybody about it again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't a YouTube, although he may have links to YouTube sites. In his text descriptions of horns, he used the word "faff" a couple of times, like: "I don't like to faff around with that stuff." And, he played a YTS-23 for 30 years, because he CHOSE to. He had LOTS of admiration for the YTS-23 as a players horn. Thanks for all your input ... I'll post it if i ever stumble across it again. I found it very informative.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES! It IS Steve Howard's site. I'm very happy to have found it again. What a serious WEALTH of information! Thanks to all! And, thanks for the links to the other interesting sites I new nothing about before your help!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
YES! It IS Steve Howard's site. I'm very happy to have found it again. What a serious WEALTH of information! Thanks to all! And, thanks for the links to the other interesting sites I new nothing about before your help!
Hurray for the good guys!

Nice to have a successful result and also for the OP to come back and let everyone know it worked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts