Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian hard bop group Kollage. CD is named Kollage with Archie Alleyne and Doug Richardson. Trying to find out the full lineup for that recording. This was their first CD release with original lineup. Some reason i haven't been able to get the info on the web. Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My friend Mei Kelly played trombone on that, and did a bunch of the arrangements. The rest were:

Robbie Botos - piano
Alexis Baro - trumpet
Ron Johnston - bass

I saw them play in Peterborough, Ontario, but it was Jeff King playing tenor that night. After Doug passed away. Great band and great show.

Andy

Canadian hard bop group Kollage. CD is named Kollage with Archie Alleyne and Doug Richardson. Trying to find out the full lineup for that recording. This was their first CD release with original lineup. Some reason i haven't been able to get the info on the web. Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ooops, spoke too soon. I was referring to the recording 'At this Time'.

Andy

My friend Mei Kelly played trombone on that, and did a bunch of the arrangements. The rest were:

Robbie Botos - piano
Alexis Baro - trumpet
Ron Johnston - bass

I saw them play in Peterborough, Ontario, but it was Jeff King playing tenor that night. After Doug passed away. Great band and great show.

Andy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Managed to find out via the Toronto Public Library: Archie Alleyne, drums ; Doug Richardson, tenor saxophone ; Michael Shand, piano ; Joel Joseph, tenor and soprano saxophones ; Ron Johnston, bass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts