Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm looking for combo charts for a middle school combo of a tenor sax, bone, and set. Anyone have any suggestions? We can all adlib great and everyone in the combo are all fantastic musicians. Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
556 Posts
Maybe you haven't received responses to your post because people realize that you're lacking a couple fairly essential ingredients--namely bass and piano or guitar. I do have some two-horn arrangements (mostly by recognizable arrangers) that could be played by tenor and bone, but I don't know how they'd sound without a fuller rhythm section. Nevertheless, I'd be glad to send you a list of what's available if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I just ordered a set of "the real easy book" in the 3-horn edition (important!). I'll try it out next week with a similar combo. It has more a modular approach (not a written arrangement from bar one to xxx, but a head and several background and harmony parts, bassline, piano chords and an arranged "shout-chorus", available in four transpositions/clefs). I think, this is cool for bands with non-typical or changing instruments.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just ordered a set of "the real easy book" in the 3-horn edition (important!). I'll try it out next week with a similar combo. It has more a modular approach (not a written arrangement from bar one to xxx, but a head and several background and harmony parts, bassline, piano chords and an arranged "shout-chorus", available in four transpositions/clefs). I think, this is cool for bands with non-typical or changing instruments.
They work EXTREMELY well with middle school age kids. Get yourself one in each flavor and gather up some honkers.

I've used them with great success with my after-school-only-meets-twice-a-week-if-we're-lucky jazz band.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts