Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for some music as described in the title. Slowish songs preferred. (Even Christmas music would be alright... it never hurts to have ideas 10 months in advance).

Also, I don't want easy stuff. Something advanced preferred.

I'm not having much luck with sheet music plus, but I'm not great at navigating it....

Thanks!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,455 Posts
Here is a very good and comprehensive source that spans the range of difficulties. From beginner/easy to professional - David E. Smith Publications. Shouldn't take to long to browse through the tenor sax pieces. The site does have some mp3s as demos. May or may not be sax but you'll get the feel for the piece. Most songs have piano accompaniment available to make it a duet.

Curnow Music Publications also publishes some good play-a-long series that are a lot of fun. Piano accompaniment is also provided to go along. These are more intermediate than advanced, imo. I know you can get some Curnow from Sheet Music Plus as well as the above site.

Check some of that stuff out and see if it's slow enough and/or advanced enough for your tastes!

Good luck and happy hunting!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts