Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

i am also looking for that chart. i have a rehearsal jazz band. one of my saxes did it in high school and would love to do it again.
please, if you would, let me know what it would take to obtain a copy. not worried about condition it's in.

thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,615 Posts
The Dm verse . . . "On one Monday morning, the sun was shinin' fine. . . the lady-love of ol' Bill Bailey was hangin' clothes on the line, in her back yard, she was cryin' hard. She married a B & O brakeman, who up and put her down . . . yellin' like a prune-fed calf with the bake-crowd hangin' 'round; to this crowd, she yelled out loud . . ."

No arrangement, but the verse is a keeper. DAVE

·
Registered
T880, YTS-82Z; B991; 'Crat 1 alto
1,525 Posts
It's 2022 and I'm looking for the '69 North Texas State, Heathman arrangement of Bill Bailey. Does anyone know if it is still published? Please reply to MilesDOG5[email protected]
I don’t have it either, but you might try to send a PM here to member waltergeddes who mentioned above he has a copy. Of course, it was back in 2011 and that is his only post here ever, but perhaps he remains a lurker here.

Alternatively, the Heathman arrangement was performed by:

University of Northern Iowa in 1973 (Bill Bailey “The Beta Nu Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia sponsored the annual concert called "Sinfonian Dimensions in Jazz". January 5, 1973 marked its 23rd concert. Performing at the concert was Jazz Band I, directed by Mr. Ashley Alexander. Guest musicians were Larry Skinner on trumpet and Jerry Coleman on drums.”)

and

Pittsburgh State University in 2004 (https://digitalcommons.pittstate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1496&context=recital-booklets)

as well as, of course, at North Texas State in 1969.

Perhaps one of those organizations could help you with this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts