Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on the Jimmy Raney Aebersold(vol.-20) rhythm changes solo with a few of my students and it would be nice if we could find an alto solo to work with . All my transcriptions are for tenor and all my fake books are concert . Does anybody have a nice alto solo transcription for concert Bb rhythm changes they can share with me and my students ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
bobsax said:
I've been working on the Jimmy Raney Aebersold(vol.-20) rhythm changes solo with a few of my students and it would be nice if we could find an alto solo to work with . All my transcriptions are for tenor and all my fake books are concert . Does anybody have a nice alto solo transcription for concert Bb rhythm changes they can share with me and my students ?
In the Charlie Parker omnibook, the tune "Anthropology" is a pretty good start for rhythm changes on alto.

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good tune but my Omnibook is in Bb so it puts the tune in concert Eb if we play it on alto . It would be nice to find a solo that we could actually listen to (if I had it or we went to iTunes) .

·
Registered
300 Posts
bobsax said:
That's a good tune but my Omnibook is in Bb so it puts the tune in concert Eb if we play it on alto . It would be nice to find a solo that we could actually listen to (if I had it or we went to iTunes) .
Oh. :eek: Sorry. I guess I didn't read your post carefully enough. It's in concert Bb in the alto version of the omnibook.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxophonist Extraordinai
261 Posts
BOBSAX...you can check out my site...charlesmcneal.com. Go to the "transcription" page. I have a lot of "rhythm" solos there, I'm sure you can find one for your students..

Charles McNeal

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Charles
WOW ! your site is fantastic . What a wonderful thing you're doing by allowing other sax players to share your transcriptions for free .

I found the Sonny Red tune" A Rhythm Thing " and it is perfect for what I need . I also found the album at emusic (iTunes didn't have it) so I may try their free trial offer .

I look forward to visiting your site in the future and checking out the rest of it . I put the Mother's day gig in Half Moon Bay on my calendar . I hope to make it down with my family to hear you .

take care
bob rawlings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts