Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

By now I was using this great website as a source of information , and now it's time to dive in.

I am booking for a specific soprano sax Reed, it's a Rico v-2.5 anon the photo. Was googling it that way but haven't found the right one so far.

Any idea what's the right type and/or where can I purchase it ?

Cheers
ILIA

Registered
Tenors: TM Custom; MkVI 96k and 124k
Hi guys,

By now I was using this great website as a source of information , and now it's time to dive in.

I am booking for a specific soprano sax Reed, it's a Rico v-2.5 anon the photo. Was googling it that way but haven't found the right one so far.

Any idea what's the right type and/or where can I purchase it ?

Cheers
ILIA
Welcome ILIA,
Check out WWBW.com
They show Rico soprano reeds;not sure about the v-2.5

Registered
I think it might just be an old Rico orange box.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much
I was suspecting that it was some old Rico Reed... cause the new" orange box" one feels different. Any idea where I can get it ?

Registered
Thank you so much
I was suspecting that it was some old Rico Reed... cause the new" orange box" one feels different. Any idea where I can get it ?
If it's an OLD Rico Orange Box, I'd imagine you'd have to look on eBay, or come across a box somewhere that still has old stock.

Registered
Actually, I think it鈥檚 a Rico 鈥淏rown Box鈥. I used to play these on all horns except clarinet. The closest reed today is the Rigotti 鈥渏azz鈥 cut. My opinion of course :)

Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
Good luck. These have been out of production for probably close to 20 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts