Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while I had been periodically listening to a recording of Nicolai Kapustin's Concerto for Alto Saxophone on youtube, but the recording I liked got taken down. I know it was performed by the New Russia orchestra (I think), and the soloist was Alexey Volkov. I love this piece of music and this recording, if anyone knows where I can find a cd to buy or an mp3 or is just better at sleuthing this stuff out on the internet than I am please help me.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
So, what's keeping you from making a search on YouTube for other versions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For a while I had been periodically listening to a recording of Nicolai Kapustin's Concerto for Alto Saxophone on youtube, but the recording I liked got taken down. I know it was performed by the New Russia orchestra (I think), and the soloist was Alexey Volkov. I love this piece of music and this recording, if anyone knows where I can find a cd to buy or an mp3 or is just better at sleuthing this stuff out on the internet than I am please help me.
Hi everyone,

I'm also searching for the original record of this pieces with Alexei Volkov as soloist !

Why we can't found another version ? because there isn't !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I believe this recording is from the album called Kapustin & Eshpai - Saxophone Concertos.
I have that recording of Kapustin's concerto with Volkov as a soloist, but I am not sure if I am allowed to post it here.
Try google it using the following: Николай Капустин концерт для альт-саксофона с оркестром, and you should find a recording.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
So, what's keeping you from making a search on YouTube for other versions?
There isn’t one. That’s a pretty obscure piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I believe this recording is from the album called Kapustin & Eshpai - Saxophone Concertos.
I have that recording of Kapustin's concerto with Volkov as a soloist, but I am not sure if I am allowed to post it here.
Try google it using the following: Николай Капустин концерт для альт-саксофона с оркестром, and you should find a recording.
Found it here, Thanks! Was also looking for this recording. There's a link to a video 4 links down on the google search.

On a slightly unrelated note, anyone know if this piece has been played with full orchestra in the States?

Thanks again for coming through with the russian version!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts