Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I have been playing on a neotech stretch with a clasp hook on Alto saxophone for my entire career. I am looking for a new strap that is a bit more comfortable and less bulky than the one I have currently. I also am looking for a strap that makes the saxophone feel almost weightless, I have the need to have a feeling of control when playing.

Ones I have looked into and taken great interest in are DeJacques and Cebulla.

Can anyone provide feedback on either of these straps and their durability and comfort, or have another strap to suggest pertaining to these likes? Thanks a lot!!!

Streetsax

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I like my Oleg neck strap, but I hate the drawstring part. I kinda want to convince my mom (who's a sewing expert) to take the neck part of the strap and pair it with a Ray Hyman strap I have.......hmmm......

·
Registered
913 Posts
OLEG OLEG OLEG OLEG.........like the soccer chant! And the draw string works fine. The comfort, not even so much neck but whole feel thru shoulders and back is great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know about alto, but I really like the Cebulla for tenor. I was pretty skeptical that it would be worth the price, but after using it for awhile I'm convinced. One of the things I like about it is that it makes the weight of the sax feel more like it's pushing down on my shoulders rather than sorta pulling me forward by the neck (which is the way my Neotech feels).

I'm not sure if it would make that big of a difference on alto. And I'm not sure what you mean by `bulky'. I don't feel like the Neotech is that bulky, but if anything the Cebulla is bigger, at least in terms of the padding. That's not a criticism; I actually think the extra padding (and the way it's designed) is the reason it works as well as it does.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hello All.

I have been playing on a neotech stretch with a clasp hook on Alto saxophone for my entire career. I am looking for a new strap that is a bit more comfortable and less bulky than the one I have currently. I also am looking for a strap that makes the saxophone feel almost weightless, I have the need to have a feeling of control when playing.

Can anyone provide feedback on either of these straps and their durability and comfort, or have another strap to suggest pertaining to these likes? Thanks a lot!!!

Streetsax
The new Rico neck straps are comfortable, lightweight, secure and less than 10 bucks each. Best strap I've ever used. Special sizes for alto-soprano and tenor-baritone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The switch from Neotech to the Cebulla for alto was not much of a dramatic change for me. But I will see how it feels during band season!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,746 Posts
Stay away from the Yamaha Cell Strap. OUCH!

+1 for Neotech

B:cool:

·
Yes, one of the neck strap guys.
135 Posts
Remember that there are numerous styles of Neotech straps available.

The Soft Sax® Strap is by far our most popular and best-selling strap, but that does lead many to believe that this is "the" Neotech Strap. This is not the case, as we make several different types of sax straps.

For those who prefer a narrower pad and less "stretch", the Classic Strap is a popular choice, and available with your choice of three hook styles.

And for musicians who want no "stretch" at all to their strap, the Wick-It Sax Strap™ is an ideal choice that uses a memory foam pad instead of neoprene.

Keep in mind that for the "weight-reduction" benefits, the larger neoprene pads will have the greatest effect. But comfort is not often defined by a single parameter, so your preferences may direct you to one of the different style straps.

Whichever strap you end up choosing, have fun playing your music!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I played on BG elasticated for years and found it great. It was starting to get difficult to adjust, this is after about 10 years, so I bought Cebulla after reading rave reviews here. That's great too I'm very happy with it and it's a very cool item, comfortable, easy to adjust and beautifully made although I'm not convinced about this gap freeing up my spine business. In terms of comfort the BG is easily the equal of the Cebulla and probably better as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agree w/ ZenBen re: DeJacques strap - I have seen that little clip break as well on two occasions, with students' horns falling to the ground... After witnessing the second mishap, mine went into the trash. I could never get accustomed to the NeoTech b/c of the horn dropping down. I am currently using the Oleg.

·
Registered
173 Posts
+1 for tenor Cebulla.
Had a deJaques for a few years - it was pretty good but I prefer the Cebulla.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts