Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through past gig videos - Live at Cornelia St. Café

Hey everyone,

I was just randomly looking through some of my old gig videos and came across this one - I almost forgot about it! It's a performance with my friend Dan Rufolo's band at the recently closed :( Cornelia Street Café in NYC. His composition "A Glimmer of What's to Come." Check it out and let me know what you think!

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
Past gigs and looking back is always a good thing to do. It reminds us how lucky we have been to do what we do. Here is a picture of a highlight - 6 months past my stroke, here I am playing bari (far right) with Aretha Franklin. Funny as I was at a Dr. office today, I saw that she is memorialized in "People" magazine.

View attachment 232712

·
2,073 Posts
Re: Going through past gig videos - Live at Cornelia St. Café

Hey everyone,

I was just randomly looking through some of my old gig videos and came across this one - I almost forgot about it! It's a performance with my friend Dan Rufolo's band at the recently closed :( Cornelia Street Café in NYC. His composition "A Glimmer of What's to Come." Check it out and let me know what you think!

Oh man, Dan is a really cool dude! Got coffee with him a few months ago and talked about the "professional composer" hustle. And is that Marty Kenney on bass? That's a real good crew. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
I don't know. You look good but I don't hear any Kenny G in your playing. You need more work Just my 2 cents. I wish I had a video of me in the Bob Kuban band playing for the half time at Busch Stadium in St Louis for the cardinal football games. I do remember the tenor player always had tang and vodka for both of us. for the cold??? Nice playing Dave. I know you'll make it. Just grow out your hair and hold notes longer Can you play of the side of your mouth? K

·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oh man, Dan is a really cool dude! Got coffee with him a few months ago and talked about the "professional composer" hustle. And is that Marty Kenney on bass? That's a real good crew. :)
Dan is the best! Yep Marty on bass and Philippe Lemm on drums.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi guys I’m new here. Just bought a Tenor”Jupiter”I play by ear as I have no idea how to read music sheet,I take lessons from YouTube. I tried to check mouthpieces from eBay but in vain,can one help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hi guys I’m new here. Just bought a Tenor”Jupiter”I play by ear as I have no idea how to read music sheet,I take lessons from YouTube. I tried to check mouthpieces from eBay but in vain,can one help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just follow this playlist and it will give you all the info you'll ever need: https://bit.ly/2o29q0v

·
2,073 Posts

Dan is the best! Yep Marty on bass and Philippe Lemm on drums.
WHAT! Dude, Philippe is a really good friend, that's hilarious. I used to do tons of gigs with him in NY. No idea we knew so many of the same people, that's a trip!

(If you ever need to know Philippe's weakness, he stores all his power in his dreadlocks. Cut those suckers off and he plays drums like a first-grader. He's like Sampson in the bible.)

·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

WHAT! Dude, Philippe is a really good friend, that's hilarious. I used to do tons of gigs with him in NY. No idea we knew so many of the same people, that's a trip!

(If you ever need to know Philippe's weakness, he stores all his power in his dreadlocks. Cut those suckers off and he plays drums like a first-grader. He's like Sampson in the bible.)
Hahah! Small world it is! And oh he definitely keeps it all hidden there...the only problem is once I cut them off I need a way to attach them to my head...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts