Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading threw the different long tone topics on here. I understand the idea, and the goal of doing long-tones, but I'm unsure of how to get to this place.

When your doing long-tones, you trying to get each note to have the sound you want, right? (and in-tune, etc)

But... I'm not really sure how adjust my mouth to get to the sound I want. As much as I've tried over the last month, I can't seem to find the right sound in ANY of the notes.

Could I simply play long-tones in tune without trying to get the perfect tone? It seems such a simple question...

Someone lead me in the right direction please.

Thanks,
-Bubba-

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
................. I can't seem to find the right sound in ANY of the notes.

Could I simply play long-tones in tune without trying to get the perfect tone? It seems such a simple question...

Someone lead me in the right direction please.

Thanks,
-Bubba-
IMO, you are over thinking this. Start simply by getting tone and pitch that are acceptable. As you progress you will gain strength and start to hear - and have more control over - deeper, more subtle aspects of your playing. This is a long term venture so don't expect to see much difference in your playing until you have quite a lot, say a couple of weeks of regular long-tone practice. This can be a life-long pursuit, but everyone has to just start.........

Just start...........

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
just try to play the pitch as beautiful as you can and as stable as possible. Always try to achieve this. In 2/3 months come back and we talk about other stuff. But this is the main core. Do a hour per day, always!:bluewink:

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,948 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts