Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Tech/Forum Contributor 2007
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure how aware people are of this reissue, but this was just released this week.

my copy showed up yesterday and its an amazing set. i don't like the sonic direction they choose to go with some of the lp transfers (desenclos) as it sounds like it was mastered on a krell or something, but man can he play.

the performances are truly astounding.

http://www.amazon.com/Concertos-Chamber-Music-Jean-Marie-Londeix/dp/B000P1KTN2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-9538972-4596417?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1186147510&sr=8-1

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not to rub it in, but I payed 16.98 on amazon during the pre-order period. Since then it has gone up to 19.98. But I agree about the quality issue, though I'm just grateful it's even on CD. There was just not enough Londeix material out there and it's great that this compilation has been put out and in my opinion, Londeix is one of the greatest saxophonist of all time. Most of the recordings, as the booklet mentions, were private recordings and I'm guessing even a few boot legs here and there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ordering it at Amazon.com,and shipping, costs me $27 that is Euro 20. When I would order it in Holland at a cd shop it would cost me euro 34, that is almost $45.
I think it's worth waiting. Glad to have read about it here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Recieved my cd today. Listened a little while. Why do I have to go to work??
A lot of beautifull saxplaying for a very cheap price!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah,that should do it. except i'm going at work with an old subway that goes through a lot of tunnels. And I have to be concentrated when I am at work, I am a labtechnician. But I really would like to have one but I only want the biggest, 80 giga. And I still find it to expensive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hear breath sounds in his Scaramouche. Does anyone know if he circular breaths? He sounds really amazing. Amazing CD set. I would have not known about it if not in this forum

Thanks you guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts