Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm now locked out of the admin control panel. Since we aren't receiving any emails from SOTW, I can't confirm my mew IP to circumvent this security block.Until/unless this is fixed, I cannot perform any duties as lead Admin.

Thought I would let everyone know here, since I haven''t received one damned reply to my PMs from VS since this BS started.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nothing I can do to help, other than expressing my sincere appreciation for the admin work that happens in spite of the technical issues and the lack of communication from VS technical support!

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Dirk. This is quite the mess. I've contacted the Main Vertical Scope Support offices to see if we can get any help from them.

Despite biting my tongue over this for the time being, I will say that I have never experienced anything like it in the over 15 years I have spent on the staff here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,112 Posts
Time to run amuch!LOL

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2017
1,000 Posts
Well, this is a fine mess. I also want to express my sincere appreciation for the great work you do here Mike as well as to the other administrators. You play a huge role in making SOTW a worthwhile place to visit. I hope you receive a response and regain access asap before SOTW runs amok.

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Bluto, that truly means a lot to us.

I think Peter sums up the way every member of the forum feels right now. We are biding our time patiently, but things had better get fixed very soon. A bit of communication from VS would certainly go a log way, for crying out loud.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,462 Posts
ridiculous is an understatement.

It is not so much that ****e happens, because it always does, but the problem with this situation is that things happen, the only way to deal with them is to take responsibility, apologize and try to find a way out the problems.

Keeping shtum despite the self evident cockups is showing the amount of disrespect and contempt with which the membership is treated, but even then although the members ARE the forum, disrespecting the staff and particularly the most senior administrator is tragically showing the kind of cloth this folks are made of.

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,763 Posts
Keeping shtum despite the self evident cockups is showing the amount of disrespect and contempt with which the membership is treated, but even then although the members ARE the forum, disrespecting the staff and particularly the most senior administrator is tragicallt showing the kind of cloth this folks are made of.
That would actually be a valid reason to ban VS from the forum (if only that could be true!)... :|

·
Banned
566 Posts
thanks mike for all your work over the years.
not funny how now communication is so much easier than it was 30years ago and so many ways to be able to do it,yet,many in the world now don't or have forgotten how too.
take care.

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Adrea and LTD. I share your indignation and concerns.

It appears that Johnnie (Hakukani) and as mentioned elsewhere Harri, are locked out too. This will happen to every staff member if the email and IP issue isn't fixed. In the meantime, those Admins who still have their Admin menu will hopefully hang in there.

Since we can't do a damned thing of significance maintenance wise until I have access to the back of the house once again, I'm taking a break from the forum. I have some pretty significant health issues, and do not intend to expire hunched over my keyboard patiently waiting for the powers that be to grace us with a working forum once again.

I'll check back once I get word that things are being addressed, and I have access to the tools necessary to run this circus once again.

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2017
1,000 Posts
So very sorry to hear of your health issues Mike. Best wishes and thoughts your way for a return to good form. Forget this VSbs for now and take care of no. 1.

Paul

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,244 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,305 Posts
This thread didn’t post on my forum board until 1:30 AM PST. 7/15/18

The administration was informed before going public on this email pasted below. Also attached is my thread post link. On behalf of everyone I tried. It took some not to go full nuke mode. I am king of mistakes. I’ll also be first to admit one. Communication is key to fixing any problem no matter how embarrassing. Think On !

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?341456-Correspondence-from-VS-on-site-issues

Forward;
🐷For some reason VS has chosen to correspond with me and not our site administrators. The initial address I used was from a Google search to the SOTW “contact us” [email protected]
This is more information than our admin’s have received in over a month. Admins I feel for you. The good news is the VS is actually working on a fix. However they have done a crappy job communicating their intentions to us.

🐷As sent reply today7/13/18

🐷On Jul 13, 2018, at 11:39 AM, PS wrote:

🐷Dear Master support mailbox,
Thank you for the reply. Here is where you are failing miserably...

VS;As you may know, we have been migrating our sites over to Google Cloud in order to help with outages and site speed, as well as added security. While doing this change, we are also converting the site to https. which you can read more about here https://techterms.com/definition/https

🐷 No I don’t know, and neither does anyone else on the forum. Including the administration team. It would be polite to post your planed intentions. At the very least communicate this to the administrators. The lack of any communication has damaged your product.

VS;You may have noticed these changes may be causing some site issues. We are working with Google and VB to help us find long term solutions to these issues instead of bandage fixes and patches that seem to break more than they repair.

🐷 “Some issues “ A site crash for approximately 16 or more hours is not some issue. It’s a catastrophic failure. There is a huge intellectual community here at your fingertips including one of your administrators who runs a very successful website. There is no team in your team effort.

VS;If you are still experiencing this issue, please report it in the site help section as we have Tech Support moderating these issues.

🐷 Im sure this above comment is a default setting to your standard reply.
Or really bad joke.

Grrr, the indentation didn’t stay added 🐷

·
Vendor
15,555 Posts
Sorry to hear of this whole mess, Mike. You do the best job of running things here and I’m sorry you’re going through these headaches. I don’t understand why it’s taking so long to get everything fixed here?
We will hang in there with you!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Thanks a lot for all the work you do, despite those issues.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,305 Posts
Here is the correspondence prior to the one above. I originally thought the “contact us” ([email protected])address would go to our administration. Much to my surprise the reply came from VS directly. ([email protected]) AKA, MASTER SUPPORT MAILBOX. All different names = same mailbox.

JUL 12, 2018 | 03:10PM EDT
🐷 replied:
Angela,
Thanks for the reply.
It would be polite for the site owners to post some type of professional correspondence in regards to the multiple issues at hand. It’s been over two weeks and even the administrators appear disappointed from lack of support. Multiple technical issues compounded by the lack of any posted response has annoyed practically all of your good client base. I’m sure other websites have welcomed your companies ineptitude.

🐷
JUL 12, 2018 | 10:58AM EDT
Angela B. replied:
Hello

Thank you for contacting us, and this issue was resolved recently.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Regards

JUL 10, 2018 | 03:00AM EDT
Original message
🐷wrote:

Hello, Harry,Mike,Pete
Is the site completely off line? Been trying for hours with no success by any method.
I do understand the difficulties experienced this last week. Just passing this new one along to keep you informed.
Sincerely,
🐷🐷🐷🐷 🐷

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.