Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would probably be better in another section but I felt as if it'd get more exposure in this area anyways. Especially since this is the only place I ever check too heheh.

I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly where he is buried. I read online somewhere that he is buried in Paris but I could've sworn he was buried elsewhere and near Berlioz. Sooooo any information would be great, thanks!

·
Distinguished Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, for some reason though I thought he was buried in Brussels. I guess just some weird information I've heard in the past that has me confused.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes, I've been to his grave and had my photo taken at that tenor sax plaque: definitely a highlight of the trip....It's in Pere-Lachaise on the far, far end of the cemetary...worth a special visit....

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
Dannel said:
Yea, for some reason though I thought he was buried in Brussels. I guess just some weird information I've heard in the past that has me confused.

There's a sort of monument to him at his boyhood home in Belgium...I remember reading about it in Saxophone Journal way back when, but IIRC, it's just a stained glass window and a sign...

·
Banned
624 Posts
Hey no grave looting guys!!!

what if a secret hi-tech sax that was built by grey aliens is actually hidden inside his tombstone?? I think I read that once on the cover of Sun magazine...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've long held the view that if Adolph could only have invented one sax, for me it would have to be the tenor. Much as I love my baritone. Thank you Adolph Sax.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Darn..I've been to that cemetary but did not go to see his grave :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts