Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks! Tomorrow night (Thursday, April 8, 7:30pm Central) I'll be spearheading my first set as a leader since the pandemic hit for the outstanding Monks Jazz livestream series. And I'll be joined by some of my favorite musicians in the world: Brannen Temple on drums, Red Young on piano, Nick Clark on bass. We'll be streaming live on YouTube and Facebook, but I recommend YT over FB since the audio quality tends to be much better.

MonksJazz website
MonksJazz Youtube channel

This is honestly my dream acoustic band. Many of you have heard my heavily electric groups over the years, since I'm such a die-hard jazz/funk/rock/fusion-head, but I love acoustic jazz, too... particularly the groups involving my heroes Wayne Shorter and Herbie Hancock. We'll be playing a ton of Wayne tunes tomorrow night, including many that don't get called very often, plus a sprinkling of Herbie, Miles, and Tony compositions.

In addition to being wonderful jazz musicians, Brannen, Red, and Nick have collectively been heavily involved with some of the biggest musical acts in the world, and across a dizzying range of genres: Chaka Khan, the Dixie Chicks, Kanye, Delbert McClinton, H.E.R., Linda Ronstadt, Cher, you get the idea. It's rather nuts.

Please tune in if you get a chance, but subscribe to Monks either way! It's a brilliant platform for live jazz in the modern era.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts