Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a private saxophone teacher.

I have an adult student who has been with me almost two years now. She is both attractive and wealthy. So she comes into her lesson today with lip injections. As you can imagine, they bruised and hurt when she played.

Has anyone dealt with this before, should I be concerned? Or is it just going to hurt the first week? I both don’t want her to hurt herself playing or to ruin the goal of the injection by it getting bruised.

This is very new territory for me. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if one could get custom injections to help with the embouchure? Might be a new teaching tool.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
510 Posts
I am not a doctor. But my understanding about these types of procedures is that any discomfort is transient in nature. This is for so-called activities of daily living, but the same principles should carry over to playing the saxophone. I would assume that the pain and bruising will go away once the skin adjusts to the larger volume, and the local irritation from the injections subsides.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,542 Posts
Only in Texas... 😉
Tell her to take a week or two off from playing. You don't want to be responsible for her filler shifting.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,573 Posts
Only in Texas... 😉
Tell her to take a week or two off from playing. You don't want to be responsible for her filler shifting.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Next up:

Split the tongue longitudinally to enable true double-tonguing!

And as a lifelong allergy sufferer, the idea of rings and studs in the nose really boggles the mind. How does that work when you blow your nose fifty or a hundred times a day?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts