Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swithched from clarinet to sax when I was 11 years old, lately I've been trying to throw in a few tunes on flute and clarinet to mix things up. Clarinet has been tough. The air resistance is killing me. I don't know if it's the mouthpiece or what... Guess I should sit down with a teacher for the first time since 1971 and try to figure it out.

In the mean time...

Checking out your vintage clarinet Links...
I have acquired one myself and I was wondering if you knew anything about it... It has the slant sig, but the overlapping rings etching that circumscribes the piece is along the bottom border of where the lig goes; the top border of the lig placement is a single thin line engraving/etching. has SN#8280.

I wonder if these pieces are known as being hard to blow on - high resistance pieces... I'm using like a 2 Rico for starters. I tried a Leguere and that was even harder resistance.

Any ideas of how old this piece is, and what it may be worth in case I want to trade or sell?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FS: Otto LINK SLANT SIG Clarinet MP's!!

Forgot to mention, there is also the phrase "EBURNATED BAR" etched above the top line.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Administrator note

Posted incorrectly as a piggy back inquiry in an ad thread. Moved to it's own thread in the correct sub forum.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,122 Posts
I swithched from clarinet to sax when I was 11 years old, lately I've been trying to throw in a few tunes on flute and clarinet to mix things up. Clarinet has been tough. The air resistance is killing me. I don't know if it's the mouthpiece or what... Guess I should sit down with a teacher for the first time since 1971 and try to figure it out.

In the mean time...

Checking out your vintage clarinet Links...
I have acquired one myself and I was wondering if you knew anything about it... It has the slant sig, but the overlapping rings etching that circumscribes the piece is along the bottom border of where the lig goes; the top border of the lig placement is a single thin line engraving/etching. has SN#8280.

I wonder if these pieces are known as being hard to blow on - high resistance pieces... I'm using like a 2 Rico for starters. I tried a Leguere and that was even harder resistance.

Any ideas of how old this piece is, and what it may be worth in case I want to trade or sell?
If you want a free blowing clarinet mpc, get a fobes 3L.
I had to stop playing clarinet for a while due to throat problems related to back pressure and the Fobes allowed me to get back into it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
I believe what you are experiencing is pretty normal for clarinet "returnees" or newbies from sax. I know it happened to me when I returned after some years. Clarinet was my first instrument. As far as the Link, that's a good piece. Go to the link below for info and a Link to a review. This is a great site for clarinet. If you decide you don't want it, let me know the facing. I might be interested. You just need time and practice and the switch will become second nature. If you decide you really want to change, try a Beechler(Weiner or WWBW will lt you take them on trial) and I like the Charles Bay products. Also visit Walter Grabner's site (I forget the link) for some really good info too. Good Luck

http://www.clarinetperfection.com/clmpcOttoLink.htm

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,584 Posts
the slant link i have is nothing special to play at all-in fact its a pretty lousey clarinet mpc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts