Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this work for pep band and big band work?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Yes, if you can play it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I agree. It's the biggest mp i'm gonna play. Before this i played an arb 7(105) and that felt kind of big. But for the 25 dollars I paid for it I think this link will be worth it.

·
2,767 Posts
HR Links are amazing on bari. I really don't like STMs for bari, but for some reason I think the HR Links are tons of fun. And if the ARB felt big at .105, the Link will feel enormous at .125 with no baffle. Not only enormous, but awesome. It might not have enough "cut" or high-end edginess to be heard across a football field or on a packed basketball court. I liked my Metalite for that when I did pep band stuff in high school (but never again!). Of course, I like my Metalite for everything.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup dirty you do like you metalite for everything.lol. I just wish I could get my hands on one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
HR bari Links rock, they have tons of character and can get funky when pushed.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
That is going to be really big for you. Be careful that you don't start biting to bring the tip opening down....bad habits can be hard to break.
I would suggest starting with a soft reed and slowly building up (if necessary).
I'd suggest buying a box of 2's and a box of 2 1/2's (luckily Rico Orange Box works well on Links) and go with what's comfortable not what you like the sound of best. Then give yourself time to really get comfortable with the piece before moving to harder reeds.
Also, be prepared for the fact that you just might not be ready for this piece. That's no big deal. If that's the case, put it away and come back to it later. (Or you could probably flip it for more than twice what you paid, if it really doesn't work out.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea its gonna be huge. But I'm gonna start conservative with really soft reeds and a really open mouth so I don't bite. I spent three years in middle school biting and it took me many months to correct. I'm not going back.

·
Registered
320 Posts
A Link 8* was my first real Bari piece. Changed from S90-200 and started on RR 2 reeds.

Worked great, and stil does, when I get it out^^

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've played a Link HR 7* on tenor for a few years, so when I recently got my bari I just had to try one there. Disappointing results; I think I need "some" kind of baffle to get some fast air flowing through the big horn. A $12 B-7 Rico Royal Graftonite is a nice easy piece to blow for now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey dirty I probably could get twice what I paid for it from you. But a trade for your metalite sounds more apealing.haha just kidding

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys I got the mouthpiece today. It plays great and sounds good. Its really big but easier to handle then I thought. Well time to shower and prepare for tomorrows experience with it. Se ya later

·
2,767 Posts
Bari Playa said:
Hey dirty I probably could get twice what I paid for it from you. But a trade for your metalite sounds more apealing.haha just kidding
NEVER!!!!!!! :twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts