Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Lindell Tenor sax but i dont know how old it is. the serial number is 8294. i cant find any information online about these instruments.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,847 Posts
welcome.

Please note that we DO have a Google Custom search box here

https://www.saxontheweb.net

In the middle of the page on top. Use it next time, it will help you.

There if I write Lindell I receive a couple of hits.

Here one for you to look into and learn something.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?105823-Lindell-anyone

Your saxophone may be a Rampone & Cazzani stencil (or not) or it may be an Alfonso Rampone (different factory)

It is impossible to identify saxophones without several decent pictures (use a hosting site or otherwise they will be very small)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,982 Posts
I have had a few Lindells that were Alphonse Rampones.

If it has red rollers, it's an Alphonse.

Yes, pics would help....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,982 Posts
Yup. Solid horns when in good playing condition. Nice players for the $, a little flex on their intonation but some players prefer that attribute.

·
38,847 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thats cool. i've spent the better part of 4 days trying to figure out the brand that it was. i hope to get this instrument into good playing condition. it is definitely far from it right now.

·
38,847 Posts
alright thats cool. i've spent the better part of 4 days trying to figure out the brand that it was. i hope to get this instrument into good playing condition. it is definitely far from it right now.
with respect

an ordinary google search or the words Lindell Tenor Saxophone returns many results

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh believe me, i did. i couldnt find anything besides that one you linked me which did help but didnt give a definitive answer. by that i mean that it was the only one that helped.

·
38,847 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok yes i actually did see both of those. i think the first one is the same as the first link you sent me to just one a different website. and yes the second one would have helped if i had actually read it to that point.

·
38,847 Posts
no problem :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts