Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,117 Posts
The J. Winter cases are made to fit Keilwerth with right sided bell keys. They will fit just about any modern tenor. It won't be ideal for a sax with split bell keys or left sided bell keys. The only flight case that is made for such saxes is Hiscox, but probably heavier that what you are looking for.

BTW, where can one buy your CDs if located in the US?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The BAM softpack is your best choice. I have a split bell Conn in one. Fits great.
Hiscox work too but they are so ackwardly shaped!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. Hiscox is a good case, but as you said, slightly too heavy...

I really don't know if you can buy any of my cd's in US... if you can tell me want I may be able to mail some of those to you😊
(If I have those particular ones in my personal stock)

The J. Winter cases are made to fit Keilwerth with right sided bell keys. They will fit just about any modern tenor. It won't be ideal for a sax with split bell keys or left sided bell keys. The only flight case that is made for such saxes is Hiscox, but probably heavier that what you are looking for.

BTW, where can one buy your CDs if located in the US?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more thought: since the weight of the Bam softpack is 3,1 kg and the Jakob Winter GL is only 1,3 kg... (Protec XL is 3,5kg?) I would still consider to modify that Jakob winter case slightly, in order to fit the split bell keys in. I am aware after modification it looses some protection but the weight difference is quite remarkable.

Hi,

I just bought a nice Conn "Chu" tenor and thinking to buy a BAM softpack for it. But does it also fit in to Jakob Winter Greenline case?
https://www.jakobwinter.com/products/jw-51095x-tenor-saxophone?variant=50806658884

It is lighter than the BAM softpack, but still more protective than my current Reunion Blues...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
the J Winter interior is made of styrofoam like other cheap cases in the market. I had my soprano in one and ended up eventually replacing it by a BAM.
I believe the semi-rigid, conforming foam in the BAM cases provides better protection against shock.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The weight of the Hiscox Liteflight is about the same as the BAM softpack, but the Hiscox is more protective in my opinion.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I hope for you that someone can try the Conn in the J Winter before you buy it. the Styrofoam cradle is quite hard and not compliant. you may be bitting a bigger project then you think to reshape it...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
There is one more issue with the J Winter which is it only has 2 latches and these can open relatively easy unintentionally. I’d never buy one for my tenor for that reason alone.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
There is one more issue with the J Winter which is it only has 2 latches and these can open relatively easy unintentionally. I’d never buy one for my tenor for that reason alone.
I have a fanny-pack pouch I wrap around the case, which provides an additional safeguard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts