Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what other Goldbeck sop. owners are using on their mouthpieces. I haven't found anything I particularly like using with it, so I thought I would ask for some suggestions from fellow Goldbeck owners.

Right now I'm using a Rover, but the fit is less than ideal. And since my local music stores have a disappointing selection of ligs, it would be a shame to order something only to find out it doesn't fit very well.

So if you own a Goldbeck, what ligs have you found that fit well, and which do you prefer?

·
4,160 Posts
funny, I can't find one for my alto either. I made my own out of string. Can't remember the thread but it's around here somewhere

·
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried a Link lig, or a Rovner yet?

The two thoughts (for a sop.) I had were either a Selmer 401, or possibly using the lig that comes with one of the Chinese soprano mouthpieces (that uses rails in the side of the mouthpiece).

The Selmer seems like a much better bet...but if I ordered one and it didn't fit, I know I don't have anything else that I could use it with.

But I might end up just taking the plunge and trying out the 401 if no one has ligature suggestions for the baby Goldbeck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts