Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this mpc used without the standard ligature or cap.

Can anyone recommend a ligature (preferably with cap) for this mpc?

Based on previous posts the following should fit:
Bay medium tenor lig (gold)
Brancher Leggerio (tenor? bari?)
Vandoren inverted masters for tenor
Ligaphone (tenor? bari?)

I've also heard an FL Ultimate Tenor XL may work, but it may tend to scratch the mpc.

I'd rather get a ligature that doesn't scatch the mpc. I'm not that fussy about ligatures, as long as it fits, but may be open to fancier ones if they make a difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. Doh! I meant 7DD not 7SB. I tried my old Rovner tenor lig which barely fit and it also marked the mpc after I tightened it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I also use the BG Tradition tenor lig. I think it numbered L41. It´s a perfect fit. There also is a cheaper brass version. Mine is gold plated.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a Rovner dark tenor lig (2R) from the shop. That was the only one they had that fit. Thanks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,423 Posts
recent experience

I purchased a used 7M HR bari piece had have to agree, thanks to this thread, that the BG Tradition Tenor is perfect (mine is gold lacquered, not gold plated). To save someone some trouble in the future here is what didnt work for mine:

Rover 2R or 3R (standard tenor -screw threads almost touching - would work in an emergency..and bari)
FL XL tenor or L Bari - same "frame" with different reed plates - scraped along the top of the mouthpiece
Vandoren Masters tenor or bari
Sumner Acousticut Tenor 2 screw

I noticed that BG has a silver plated metal "jazz" lig - has anyone tried that??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts