Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you all,
I need help with ligature to Freddie Gregory pieces...

I use a FL ligature at my metal F.Gregory´s now but for some reason (might be my imagination....) the FL ligature makes the mouthpiece sound darker and I don´t like that.
I have a regular two screw lig that works just fine but it´s slightly too big.

Any suggestions what to try?

I also have a HR F.Gregory and I would like to try it with a Olegature,what size works with the HR pieces?

Thanks for help!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,391 Posts
DP,
On the FG HR piece I had I used a regular 2 screw metal lig on mine.I wanted to try a vandoren optimum but was told it would not fit.

SO did you finally get both pieces from Freddie??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for help guys!

BH,I still haven´t got them...But I had very bad case of GAS and bought a metal Mark III from a well known seller here ;)
I´m very surprised with the Mark III, it´s not as bright as i thought it would be.It´s like Mark IV but slightly brighter and more power.
I got the Mark III on friday and used it right away on a gig on saturday.Very easy blowing piece with screaming altissimo.

All the best for you both!

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,802 Posts
Thanks for help guys!

BH,I still haven´t got them...But I had very bad case of GAS and bought a metal Mark III from a well known seller here ;)
I´m very surprised with the Mark III, it´s not as bright as i thought it would be.It´s like Mark IV but slightly brighter and more power.
I got the Mark III on friday and used it right away on a gig on saturday.Very easy blowing piece with screaming altissimo.

All the best for you both!
Which Freddie Gregory models did you order?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a metal and HR Mark III´s and a HR mark IV in september last year...............now when I see all that down written I feel ashamed......how to explain this one....well,I´ve had around 130-150 tenorpieces during the past 1,5years.I have had the possibility to try many different kind of pieces and I have few mouthpieces models/makers that are my favourite,F.Gregory is one of them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts