Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the ligature on my Barone metal soprano piece (Made with pride, October 3, 2000), which I bought new. Love the mouthpiece and have used it extensively, but it came with a fabric Rovner type ligature that no longer holds the reed in place. No matter how I tighten, the reed can wander around while I'm playing. The mouthpiece has a very small outer diameter, and I've not been able to find a ligature small enough to fit. Rovner shows nothing on their site that seems this small. Any suggestions are very welcome--I'm fine with a plain two screw ligature or whatever--I tried the one from my Yanagisawa metal soprano mouthpiece, but it's a little too large. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I need to replace the ligature on my Barone metal soprano piece (Made with pride, October 3, 2000), which I bought new. Love the mouthpiece and have used it extensively, but it came with a fabric Rovner type ligature that no longer holds the reed in place. No matter how I tighten, the reed can wander around while I'm playing. The mouthpiece has a very small outer diameter, and I've not been able to find a ligature small enough to fit. Rovner shows nothing on their site that seems this small. Any suggestions are very welcome--I'm fine with a plain two screw ligature or whatever--I tried the one from my Yanagisawa metal soprano mouthpiece, but it's a little too large. Thank you!
Hi GNOSax,

I guess they're still out there. You need a Selmer silver ligature made to fit their metal soprano mouthpieces. You can also send me the Yani ligature and I'll modify it to fit for you. Phil Barone

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Phil. I just ordered the Selmer silver ligature. It's a great mouthpiece, and I've stuck with it for many years. Works equally well on my Martin Handcraft and Yani Elimona sopranos. I've let a few other players try it over the years, and every one has tried to buy it from me. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts