Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been using the standard ronver dark lig that came with my jody jazz dv tenor piece and my sound is just a tad shrill and low notes are not as responsive as my hr soloist. I tried out my friend's vandoren optimum lig he got for his v16 and my sound immediately improved. The only problem was the ligature did not have a secure fit on the mouthpiece. Are there any sizes that fit? Also, I have been looking into trying the jj ring lig, the olegature, and possibly any other recommendations that I get from here. What ligs (and sizes) would you guys recommend?

·
Distinguished SOTW member
4,673 Posts
The Marc Jean is the most secure fitting ligature I've ever come across. Once you set it, it stays put.
They come in a wide variety of sizes.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,502 Posts
I can highly recommend Theo Wanne Enlightened ligs.

B

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I can highly recommend Theo Wanne Enlightened ligs.
+1 the Rovner Eddie Daniels is also a solid ,stable lig it's all in the reed plate

·
Registered
179 Posts
+1 for the Rovner Versa/Eddie Daniels II or the SAXXAS!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Hey there Collegestationsax . A Selmer two screw fits the Jody Jazz DV perfectly.

I use one on my DV.

Take your mouthpiece to a store and try the Selmer ligature. I believe it's called the 404.

Also try a Rico H. I believe Jody is issuing the Rico with the DV now.

So try one and if you like the sound go with that.

As for the Optimum if I remember correctly there was a gap where the ligature didn't follow the taper. Sure is a good looking ligature though.

Sometimes a soprano ligature will fit a metal mouthpiece for tenor. But I think any Optimum will have a problem fitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMO i would stay away from the oleg i found them not to be very secure, i basically all of the BG ligs and the theo wanne lig is great but costs too much for me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
A Rico H came with my Jody Jazz Tenor HR. Seems like a good ligature. I am partial to two screw metal ligs. I have a Rovner MKlll which is stuffy on most mouthpieces I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts