Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found nothing in a search of SOTW Forum and not much online. Has anyone tried, or at least know anything about, these reeds?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,481 Posts
I know Ligaphone made a ligature... as I had gotten one of these godawful contraptions in a past mouthpiece trade... but never heard of them making reeds.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,547 Posts
I bought some several years ago. Tried a couple didn't think much of them then several years later when I got a Black Widow mouthpiece I was going through all my old reeds and found that the Ligaphone reed was a pretty good match for the mouthpiece. Could not see much of an indentation on the back where the reeds are supposedly scooped out. I'd say they perform similar to blue box Vandoren with a little wider tip profile. These days I'm currently playing Rigotti Gold Jazz and am more happy with the overall performance and I also don't play the Black Widow. The Ligaphone Jazz reed is as good as any other reed but not too many dealers carry them and as I recall the price was a bit more than most of the others too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts