Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s another great swingin’ tenor sax solo transcription of a young tenor sax player, Liam Byrne soloing on the jazz standard “Almost Like Being in Love” by Frederick Loewe. He is playing duo with the pianist Rossano Sportiello.

It’s great to see a young tenor sax player carrying on the jazz tradition and playing jazz at live gigs. I love Liam Byrne’s dark and sultry tenor sax tone on this video. His tenor sax solo on “Almost Like Being in Love” is filled with some classic swinging bebop lines that are worth checking out! His tenor saxophone sound and lines were indicative of an “old soul” in a young body to my ear. There is a maturity and substance to his playing that you don’t usually hear in a young musician of his age. I look forward to hearing more from him in the future! Thanks Liam!!!

This great solo transcription of Liam Byrne soloing on “Almost Like Being in Love” was done by Elmar Krick from Munich, Germany. Elmar gave me permission to share it with all of you as well. Thanks Elmar!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,078 Posts
That's terrific playing - and the transcription helps me to appreciate it. The partnership with Rossano Sportielo is wonderful and fluent.

Rhys

·
Registered
Selmer Balanced Action Tenor Saxophone, Powell Flute
3,548 Posts
Liam is a wonderful player!

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
15,754 Posts
I always love hearing Liam. He’s got that beautiful old school vibe and always sounds great. Thanks for posting this, Steve.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,037 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,116 Posts
Here’s another great swingin’ tenor sax solo transcription of a young tenor sax player, Liam Byrne soloing on the jazz standard “Almost Like Being in Love” by Frederick Loewe.
Sweet work, I'm hearing a lot of Prez in his playing. Love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts