Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago Lenny E'mailed me about some things and shared his new Lenny Pickett Music site with me.

OK- you guys are gonna flip out!!! All you got to do is hit the balloons with your mouse. So- the first day I get this I'm sitting there listening to the sounds and chasing the balloons. LOL!!:tongue7::toothy8::toothy7::triplets:

THE MUSIC IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING!
Nobody is this lifetime like LP!

http://www.lennypickettmusic.com/

ENJOY.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Very cool. I'd heard he was working on this website and glad to see its finally up. A great way for him to share music of his that we'd never hear otherwise.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,046 Posts
I'm listening to and enjoying:

Lenny with Cheryl Hardwick - Duet for Soprano Sax and Piano #2

Anyone else care to list the tracks to see what's loaded here? This is great stuff!

·
34,046 Posts
Next:

For Yoshiko Chuma - The Man Who Never Wasn't - Act II

BTW, I let all the balloons settle and then started chasing just one large ball. It seemed to get really upset and now it's gone.

·
34,046 Posts
Whoa, the Big Balloon is back - and pulsing colors... That reminds me of when I first saw Tower of Power in the early '70s. The opening act? Cheech and Chong. Far out man...

Lenny - Dance Music for Four Saxophones

Some fantastic slap tonguing going on here. So many layers to compel one's attention. Whew...

·
34,046 Posts
Back for more and enjoying some classical flavored duet:

Lenny with Cheryl Hardwick - Duet for Tenor Saxophone and Piano #1

Subtle (for a change) use of extended range. I'd love to hear this live. I'd also enjoy playing it.

·
34,046 Posts
Where do you get the titles. I'm listening that says Pneu Mo down at the bottom but I'm not sure if that is the title.
Yes, I'm reading the titles at the bottom left corner of the screen.

I may have to go looking for some of these recordings. I tried finding "The Borneo Horns" but, at least at Amazon.com, it looks like TBH may be out of print and in short supply.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts

I may have to go looking for some of these recordings. I tried finding "The Borneo Horns" but, at least at Amazon.com, it looks like TBH may be out of print and in short supply.
Glad I bought 2 cds and the LP when I had the chance. YOu can find some of his stuff on a Dennis Chambers record. You may want to try Emusic.com too for the MP3's.

·
34,046 Posts
This track is tooooooooooo short:

Lenny Pickett (Live at Roulette) - gspl_saurus

More please!

·
Registered
367 Posts

this is a great album. very eclectic, mixing chamber and funk. my college director gave me a copy as a graduation gift.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GLAD YOU GUYS ARE DIGGING IT....I'm going to tell Lenny the news. He's at Bert Wilsons in Olympia Wa. I really think the stuff is so beyond category that
it's just timeless. I'm groping for words guys.

He's got a cut on YOU TUBE doing samples...and it made me think... about the head/solo/head thing. Here is THE GUY who in our sax life might make a difference in this. Anyone else feel that?
Just not the "knock yourself out LP" we all love but....this dimension Dr G is diggin and all you others.

I'm glad I posted this, I know he got more. Keep listening. Bright sun upon you all.

·
34,046 Posts
Lenny - burble_burble_splerk

Whew, I wish I could bring that kind of control and technique to the floor. I'm imagining Lenny sitting in a classical French saxophone quartet setting. My brain's on fire!

·
34,046 Posts
Lenny (Live at Roulette) - new_slow

No fair, it's just not fair - listen to this guy SING a ballad through his horn...

I've been back on a Wayne Shorter kick lately, playing ballads for tone development. This is the stuff - playing and listening and playing some more...

That last note on "new_slow" sounds like an entre to "Infant Eyes", I can hear it going there.

Respect.

·
34,046 Posts
Hmmm, this website has me thinking some more. Look out!

After that last tune, I was just savoring the moment rather than listening to the next one up. We don't do that much anymore - streaming music just keeps coming at you, there's no rest, no repose, no contemplation. I think I need more space around my listening practice - maybe program in some random tracks of silence...

<deep breaths>

1 - 20 of 38 Posts