·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
7,745 Posts
That is amazing and is going on my gift list

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is sort of a grumpy nostalgia remark, so I feel a little bad saying it, but if Lego were truer to its original concept of flexible pieces, it would come with a few more accessories (Sax, trombone, clarinet, tip jar, etc), and you would be able to make several instruments, swap the players around between instruments, and so on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Wow, Honey! Playing with these Lilliputian plastic figurines is way hipper than listening to your old Miles Davis LPs! And they're a perfect thematic match for our sax lamps!"
View attachment 130747
I totally missed the YDS-150 in the background the first time I saw the sales post. Maybe someone cane make a Lego YDS for the little man to play!

·
Registered
MKVI Alto Berg-95/0
630 Posts
^^^^^
What's her setup?

Grandkids, 5 and 2, were in town from the Rockies and they had fun with about 20 lbs of their Dad's Legos, Flex Blocks and Lincoln Logs as well.
Musical instrument fun with Bongos, Piano Accordions etc etc kept them busy.
In Key Largo now but will take out the VI Alto when they return in a few days.
Oil, play and clean. :cool:

Reactions: ROC

·
Registered
oh. Dad. ANOTHER one? You haven't gotten the first one back together yet!
8 Posts
I clicked, thinking it was going to be Lego instruments with live players.

'whatever you do, don't drop it!'

t

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
669 Posts
My son, also a sax player, just sent me this kit for my birthday. Over 1600 pieces! Lots of small pieces, had to get out the magnifying glass for these old eyes. I’ll send in “We would like a sax player, please.” to their “Ideas” unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts