Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past week my new Signature Series Legere's have split for both my tenor and alto. Right in the middle of the reed too and of course right before what I felt was an important show. The splits are both more than a 1/4 inch into the reed. Anybody else find the signatures more fragile than the original or studio cut? I played the dang things split because there was no time to make a change. The alto seemed to play fine but I had to work the tenor to get any satisfaction. It lends a new meaning to the term, "Double Reed". These thing are too expensive to wear out so quickly.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,596 Posts
I'd suggest contacting Legere and complain they are really pricey to just give out like that.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
I had that problem with a signature clarinet reed. I found that the reed case I had it in was holding it too tightly.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had that problem with a signature clarinet reed. I found that the reed case I had it in was holding it too tightly.
Hmmm.... Mine get cleaned and put back on the MPC so that's not it. This may push me back to the Studio Cut. I've got Non-signature Legere's that are a year old.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
I think Jackli has the right idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts