Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have gone from Legere Signature reeds on Tenor to the Studio Cut..just a better response and sound for me. Still using up my 2.0 Sig on my Black Widow 8*

...it is a dream sound on my mellower gigs.

But for my fav sound I have found the Studio Cut to be a superior set-up on my main piece, a Jen Price BMD. I recommend to players that have not tried a Studio Cut you might like it.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Interesting, I have been on the Sig tenors for a couple of years now and have wondered if the Studio's would be worth it.

I get the response thing...is the sound significantly brighter on the Studios? More buzzy? How's low end response?

I've been curious about these but haven't pulled the trigger yet to try one. Thanks for your knowledge.

- Saxaholic

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts
I've played Studio Cut 3's for years. And years. I prefer them to the Signatures of the same strength for the musical style I primarily play and the mouthpieces I usually play on. Response is pretty even across the whole range. And just a bit of an "edge", which I really like. As with all the Légères, a bunch of them used in rotation will last a long, long time.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes on my Vigilante tenor mpc definitely a livelier sound and more responsive blowing experience. I find it better than a Signature. The studio cut has strong mids and I get easy altissimo down to fat smooth subtones. It will blast too, but lately my work has been of a softer nature..

Anyway, I do need to try it on the Black widow, but for now the Sig is so nice I sort of don't want to mess with it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I use both the signature and the studio and I like them both, I go back and forth with them, I guess it depends on the mood of the day, also IMO the studio might have just a little more edge to it which I also like at times

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I could not resist and I trialed the 1.5 Studio on my 8* Black widow. Yup it's a lot better here too. The reed is a bit soft maybe I'll get a 1.75 to try out. Sayonara to the Sigs for now

Too bad can't get Studio's for Sop and Bari:cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts