Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Legere came out with a new reed ("premium"?) for tenor. Anyone see anything new from them for soprano?

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Legere is releasing the Signature model for soprano sax sometime soon according to Tim Elvy at Legere. It's supposedly in a test/trial phase. That was current as of last week.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Whoever hears about it first, let the rest of us know!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I see you use Legeres on soprano. Whats you take on their performance vs cane or Hahn synthetic. Also I see you are looking for a Legere Signature type for soprano. What is the thing you seek from that, maybe a little brighter than the Legere original?
Thanks. Whoever hears about it first, let the rest of us know!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yep, I'm laying claim to the first play of Legere Signature series reeds on soprano saxophone in Australia (thanks to DT Woodwinds for getting them to me)...

I'm starting with a 2.25 matched with my Brendan Tibbs silver mouthpiece on my 1921 Conn New Wonder curved soprano. So far, so good.

KennyD

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,109 Posts
Yep, I'm laying claim to the first play of Legere Signature series reeds on soprano saxophone in Australia (thanks to DT Woodwinds for getting them to me)...

I'm starting with a 2.25 matched with my Brendan Tibbs silver mouthpiece on my 1921 Conn New Wonder curved soprano. So far, so good.

KennyD
I didn't know they were available yet, although heard that the bari and soprano Signatures were on the way. Have you played the standard Legere on soprano and how does the Signature compare with that for sound, feel, strength, response etc ?

Rhys

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've played soprano saxophone 10 times so far so I'm not laying claim to any comparison tests! (And no, it's just 9 plays on cane and the 1 on Signature so far...)

KennyD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts