Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

(formerly borganiboy)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a Legere Sig Tenor reed on my soprano. Hey its great. Been on Legere for a few months now on all my horns. Really starting to settle on them. Used alto cane reeds mostly on soprano for years. The tenor Signature Legere 2 1/4 is working rather nice on my Vandoren V16 8 sop piece. See what fairs but I think i'm sticking on this combo. Also just got a Harry Hartmann Onyx alto reed, that's a great reed also. Finding your strength is the key with these reeds. The times over the years I have bought these they were the wrong strength and just thought there terrible. Of course theres a settle in period but I love how you just pick the horn up and blow, its the same every time :), no soaking, no drying out etc etc.

Forum Contributor 2015-2017
Tenor reed on soprano MP ???

The reed edges would saw their way
Through my lip in two minutes.

Carry on.

dsm

(formerly borganiboy)
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tenor reed on soprano MP ???

The reed edges would saw their way
Through my lip in two minutes.

Carry on.

dsm
Yep and no sawing involved, ha. Trying to figure out how it would , lol

(formerly borganiboy)
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't get satisfaction with the ONYX reeds...Hemp worked for me on alto. Good to hear ONYX worked for you. Play on.
Give the test at gigs this weekend. Should of got a strength up but clipped it and its working sweet. Cheaper than Legere sig also, lol

Registered
Hi Borganiboy - I use Legere Sig and Classic tenor reeds on my alto. But there's a bonus: I wait till the tenor reeds are going too soft on my tenor setup - after weeks of playing - and then they're usually just right for my alto. I haven't had to buy alto reeds in a couple of years. I get a meatier, bigger, ballsy sound using the Legere tenor than Legere alto reeds on my alto setup. And get 2 lives for almost every reed.

Best,
SS

Distinguished SOTW Member
Hi Borganiboy
I like Legere Signature on soprano,really plays quiet well.
On tenor,p though ,a very good friend of mind gave me a Legere Classic 2 1/2 yesterday,Man that reed is like unplayable,i have to look up where to send it back for an exchange.
All the best
Saxobari

1 - 9 of 9 Posts