Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I play a Morgan Jazz 7L tenor mouthpiece, and most of the time I play Rico Plasticovers 2.5's or 3's. I have a few gigs however where I'm playing mostly keyboard and the tenor sits on the stand for looooooong stretches of time. Even the Plasticovers will warp under the right weather conditions on these gigs, and I've been thinking about picking up a legere reed to play for those occasions. I was wondering if anyone here plays legere with a setup similar to mine and if so, how you are getting along with it.....just curious. Also if anyone can give me their impressions of the legeres in general, that would be mucho appreciated. Thanks!

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,213 Posts
I play lots of gigs on Morgan tenors with Legere. Studio cut. The Signatures are ok, but I like the Studios best.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We had quite a few Morgan customers on Legere reeds when we used to sell the Legeres. It has been a couple of years, but I suspect it is still the same. The regular cut and studio cut run stiff, so for most players, we would recommend using a half strength less than what they typically played on cane. If they played a 2.5 cane, then we recommended a 2 or no more than 2 1/4.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,000 Posts
I use Legere's on my morgan clarinet (Euro Cut 3.5) and baritone mouthpieces (signature 2.5) with great success. For me me they are definitely one of the more compatible mouthpieces for synthetics.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I use Fibracell on Morgans for my Sop. & Clarinet. It is a definite advantage for the horns that have been setting for a long time between usage on gigs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts