Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I had this happen to me once, but I had left the reed on the mouthpiece for much longer, maybe a whole day ? actually warped to the contour of the mouthpiece facing, now I am careful to remove the reed wipe it dry and put it in its holder when done playing/practicing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone faced any other issues or discomfort switching from a signature to an American cut?
Recently bought an American cut Legere (Signature player normally), and whilst they are slightly brighter, I can't notice any difference in terms of discomfort, or any other issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Has anyone faced any other issues or discomfort switching from a signature to an American cut?
As someone who has used Legere Signature reeds for several years on SATB, my experience with the American cut reeds have convinced me to switch on alto and tenor. They are the perfect reed for me. Now if they would just produce these reeds for sop & bari. I did order a European cut to try on soprano. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’ll report my family findings when I do.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,862 Posts
I've never had this happen on the Signatures and I've used them for years. Legere has excellent customer service, I am sure they will replace it. You might have just got a rare bad one.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts