Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Brian,

Glad to see you posting on here finally and to know your project is nearing completion. My only suggestion for the fingering chart would maybe be to show the notes on a staff instead of in words. At least for me. it's easier to associate the fingering to a note in its place on the staff than by description. I'm sure that would mean more work in order to find snippets of staff lines with the note in place. When I had Maarten Visser's one-handed recorder on trial from David Nabb in early 209, I gave up trying to figure out the fingering scheme because it was far to cumbersome to decipher his excel spreadsheet fingering "chart". I intended to try to do a more visual chart, but gave up due to my lack of graphic skills.

· Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Brian. Just last week I was at the University of Houston to talk to the saxophone studio and show them my horn and played a short duet with Dan Gelok. I was a bit nervous playing for a bunch of real saxophonists. We didn't even get to run through the duet to get a feel for eachother's playing. I had no warmup and there was no tuning. And in hindsight, I should have raised the stand so I could see better. But all-in-all it went not too bad and was well received.

Yes, if Charlie's speech center was affected, it might be easier to process visually. I had the Visser recorder just about 8 moths after my stroke. While my speech wasn't necessarily affected, other than the weakness on my left side, My cognition was bit wonky and certain things took me some time to recover. Perhaps if I had the recorder now, I wouldn't have as hard of a time correlating the fingering scheme.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.