Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking for a reasonably priced LED music stand light, you might want to look at one of these stand lights from Wiese. It is the best light I have seen and relatively inexpensive and you can use batteries or an adapter. It is by far the best music stand light in the business, hands down. I have been waiting for these for 2 years and finally a manufacturer has made them. I have one of his regular lights that takes a bulb and liked the design a lot and the LED design just makes it better. They have 8 powerful LED's equivalent to a 25 watt bulb (so much better than any of those mighty book lights and such – you can actually use these on a gig and see all the music), that isn't going to break and will last a long time, and you can move the light where you want and the spring is very strong and stays in one place. Corded or Cordless, these are very, very good and I think they will become the standard. The Boston Pops and Oregon Symphony replaced all their lights with these recently. They don’t get hot and they store very compactly, they can clip to about every music stand and look very professional. I give it a huge thumbs up!

http://www.kliplite.com/Wiese Mfg Lights.html

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
Any of you music store fellows picking this item up?

I looked at their website, and they only ship UPS--For me that automatically doubles the price. I hate UPS...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought 8 of them and it cost $11.00 total shipping and they came in three days. His prices are great. If I were a music store owner, I would carry only this brand wither LED or with Bulb, they are that good. I think you could buy 12 and the price would be pretty close for shipping. I think if you bought one or two it might $5.00 shipping. He is not gouging anyone.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
hangman said:
I bought 8 of them and it cost $11.00 total shipping and they came in three days. His prices are great. If I were a music store owner, I would carry only this brand wither LED or with Bulb, they are that good. I think you could buy 12 and the price would be pretty close for shipping. I think if you bought one or two it might $5.00 shipping. He is not gouging anyone.
UPS rapes people on shipping to Hawaii. Shipping on 12 would be ~$75.00, and I don't need 12. Shipping on one is around $35.00--effectively doubling the price for me. If a store carried them, I could order, and get it USPS for $8.95.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see what you mean about Hawaii. Sorry. About the little light, looks pretty cool as well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,548 Posts
If you are looking for a reasonably priced LED music stand light, you might want to look at one of these............cently. They don’t get hot and they store very compactly, they can clip to about every music stand and look very professional. I give it a huge thumbs up!

http://www.kliplite.com/Wiese Mfg Lights.html
This link is no longer good.

Does anybody have any more comments on this light, battery life , etc.?
How about other lights? Have any come along that are just as good ?
thanks

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
I finally was able to order a couple of these through an ebay seller who would ship USPS.

The light is great, very smooth, easy to read with. I haven't changed batteries after about 6 hrs. of use.

·
1,548 Posts
So I guess LED is the way to go for battery life conservation.
Is this the one you have Hakukani?
http://www.kliplite.com/LEDCordlessKliplite.html
I wonder how the button battery powered ones stack up cost wise and length of light between battery changes.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend....ght-XTRAFLEX-Super-LED-Music-Light?sku=815604
here's another one
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lampcraft-GigLight-LED-Compact-Music-Light?sku=816000
this one also look cool. I think it's a button battery model.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mighty-Bright-Triple-LED-Telescoping-Light?sku=815605

;;

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
Yep, mine are the kliplite. I have some friends that use the single led lights. The kliplite lights the whole page evenly. The singles aren't as good at that. Of course, the singles provide for more excuses for clams.:)

·
1,548 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Do these Kliplites work on the cardboard band front type stands? Those great things that position the music miles away from your eyes....

Anybody try the duet LED lights?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,022 Posts
Do these Kliplites work on the cardboard band front type stands? Those great things that position the music miles away from your eyes....

Anybody try the duet LED lights?
Any band I've played in that uses those decorative stands also uses the same light (usually the black ones with the 120V fish tank light) on all of them.

I've found a highly useful piece of equipment for those stands is...

An 18" long piece of 2x4. Put this on the stand (at the bottom), put the folder on top of that, and you have just raised your stand by two inches.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have not tried them on the 18" stands. We usually stand the entire time and use on-stage stands that will hold a 10 pound book on it as they lock in place. I can't stand the small cardboard type band stands, I always go home with a neckache from bending over to see the music, so I refuse to use them in my band. I am still trying to design a cloth cover for regular music stands that looks classy, but that is another subject.

Whenever I use a sub on a gig they always want to know where I got these lights and I have only had to change my batteries twice in the past couple years. I keep the batteries in the lights and have used them on at least 30 gigs.

http://www.kliplite.com/ is the site that sells them.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
They are great. However, I broke the switch on one of mine. They seem a bit fragile.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,022 Posts
I hacked a "Mighty Brite" once the original bulb had died (which it will quite quickly if using the 4.8V adapter). I put in a bulb intended to go under the dashboard of a car, and switched to a 15V adapter. This adapter also drives a 3" computer fan permanently attached to part of the music stand (it comes apart and folds). I even ran the wires up the center post to make them as inconspicuous as possible.

I hacked a second light the same way so I can feed it from the same adapter -- our trombone player was notorious for always forgetting SOMETHING, and that something was often a light. Once he forgot his mouthpiece and had to have his wife meet him halfway to make it back in time. Nice guy, reasonably good player, and not stupid, but he could be such a space cadet at times.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts