Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,142 Posts
leonard c. Smith said:
I recently bought a LeBlanc with a stamped serial # and made inTaiwan. Paid $400.00 no dents dings scratches, everything works . very clean . I am having a little difficulty with the octave key and g#. Also after playing for about an hour I start to squeak a bit. Have been playing about 6 Mos. I started back with an older model Conn 10M series. But very difficult to play. Did I scew up. I am using Rico Royale #2 hard rubber mouthpiece. I have experimented with toanl quality by using socks, mutes etc. Can U help me ?
Since you had a 10M, I'm assuming the LeBlanc is a tenor. The Taiwan horns are alleged to be Jupiters, and although they are not as desirable in the market as the Yamaha stencils, they can play nicely.
Since the squeaks don't start for an hour, you are likely just tiring your embouchure.
What is the problem with the octave and G#?

5,142 Posts
Welcome, Angel. There is no clear and reliable history of the Vito marque, however the best guess is that your sax was manufactured in France by the Beaugnier company. Does it say France anywhere on it? These can play very well and are clearly not student level instruments.

5,142 Posts
Sounds like you may have a jewel. These are relatively unknown and undervalued. Good luck and let us know when you get it playing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.