Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,641 Posts
So the Steinway machine has started theconsumption of another competitor.

Steinway (Parent company of Conn-Selmer, Inc) has come to a purchase agreement for G. Leblanc (Vito, Martin, Holton, LeBlanc & USA Distributor of Yanagisawa). Official statement from Leblanc can be found at http://www.gleblanc.com/chairman/index.cfm

So this means that Selmer Paris and Yanagisawa Japan saxes will both be distributed by Conn-Selmer in the near future. This company now will contain all of the following brand names:

Armstrong
Artley
Bach
Benge
Conn
King
Holton
Martin
Selmer
Selmer Paris
Leblanc
Vito
Yanagisawa
Prima Sankyo
Scherl & Roth
Lewis
Glassel
Musser
Ludwig

and probably a few more that I cant think of. Ought to be interesting dont ya think?

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Follow-Up on Conn-Selmer/Leblanc buyout...

Confirmed yesterday that the buyout of G Leblanc by Conn-Selmer, Inc is now complete.

Conn-Selmer WILL retain the distribution of Yanagisawa saxophones. I think that is a smart move buy both parties. Conn-Selmer needed good saxophones in the Yani price range. And Yanagisawa, in my opinion, has a MUCH better distributor now in Conn-Selmer then they ever had in Leblanc.

Maybe we will see Yani stenciled horns under the Conn name? That would be interesting! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.