Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if there are some instances of this happening to anyone else.
I ordered a Lebayle piece back in mid July through his website. I didn't get any more information about the order for about a month and a half and that was to inform me that he had been sick and therefore unable to fulfill the order, but not to worry as he would take care of that "by the end of the week" (this was back in August).
Long story short, by the time I am writing this post (Nov 21st 2013) I have written about 10 emails, tried to get in touch via his website and sent Facebook messages explaining that due to the delay I would like to cancel the order and get my money back. So far I have gotten no answer and money is still not refunded.

Has any of you guys experienced this lack of professionalism while dealing with Lebayle or is it just me the lucky one?
Any thoughts are appreciated…

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You are not alone.

Lots of people have had trouble with Fred. He makes nice pieces, but I think its best to order them through a store that has them in stock.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
It took a formal complaint with pay pal to get him to send the last piece I ordered. I would not buy from him again.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,354 Posts
He probably is not very good in keeping things organized and might have a bit of trouble communicating. Since David Liebmann mentioned it in a short promo clip ( on you tube) I think it is known that he is slightly autistic. Coping with that every day can completely drain you of energy at times. There are good periods when you would not notice a thing and there are periods that are a little more difficult. That can be challenging to deal with as a customer who is wating on a mpc.
but patience and compassion might be a good thing here....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,148 Posts
Good craftspeople often have problems communicating. They're not very compatible skills - one is tacit, the other is verbal.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
A friend of mine who owns a music store is out of around $4000 for an order paid for and never received. Emails were never answered. And the package never arrived.

Recently, when I offered to help my friend who doesn't speak English all that well, same thing: I managed to establish indirect contact to Fred, but never obtained a direct response from him - or any sign of willingness to work out a solution with my friend who is out a lot of money.

I am still hopeful that a solution can be found. I have huge understanding for people having problems and/or suffering from handicaps of any kind.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,041 Posts

I am still hopeful that a solution can be found. I have huge understanding for people having problems and/or suffering from handicaps of any kind.
I don’t know it this is the case, but,.........

Financial or production problems have to be communicated to the customers immediately.

If a company, especially a small one, says , honestly, we are having problems of this or that nature (especially if the problems are handicap related), most of the times the customers will be very understanding and at the very least they know where they stand, but if you ignore calls, emails and disappear, the rumours will start spreading like wildfire.

Openness and clarity are your friends, they show there is nothing to hide.

In these day and age, reputations are slowly built and quickly lost.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hum... My lebayle is on sale locally, but if it will turn out as a second Guardala case it will be a good investment for the future to keep it.

·
40,041 Posts
only if someone with the cult status reached from some Guardala users will put Lebayle in that kind of olympus. in my neck of the woods there are plenty still around too

·
40,041 Posts
I find Wayne Shorter one of the greatest players of all times, but...

the question is “ does Wayne Shorter have, market wise, the charisma and the impact that Michael Brecker had when it came on how influential he was for many things that became a trend after he started doing them? “.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I find Wayne Shorter one of the greatest players of all times, but...

the question is “ does Wayne Shorter have, market wise, the charisma and the impact that Michael Brecker had when it came on how influential he was for many things that became a trend after he started doing them? “.
Short answer: no.
But I still prefer him to MB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts