Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Lebayle LT Metal for alto and liked it so much I bought one for tenor, along with a jazz metal for soprano. I didn't have any problem with the LT napkin ring lig on alto, but have yet to be able to get the tenor lig to slide down to where it should be. I've tried several different reeds with no luck yet. Anyone else had this problem? I hate to just use a different lig, since I paid for this one and like the alto lig......

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,486 Posts
you can sand down the bark from the reed or add padding to the part of the lig that touches the mouthpiece, not the reed

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can check out the different model descriptions at the Lebayle mouthpieces website.....or at saxophones.uk which is where I bought mine..

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh crap! I need to stop drinking while posting! Sorry about that! Duh!

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right you are! I just sold my LT Super King last week and had a letter lapse!;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same story here. I use JAVA reeds and the ligature that came with it just kept slipping through.
I finally settled on using a Rovner light ligature I had.
A shame though, the Lebayle ligature is so cool to look at.

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, see, I have the opposite problem. My lig won't go down far enough, and I tried about six different brands of reeds. I also tried a Rovner light on it and it works well, but I'd like to use the napkin ring since I like it so much on alto. I really like the mpcs!

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say they are neither extremely bright nor extremely dark, but rather in the middle. I find them to have a surprisingly warm sound for a metal mouthpiece.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts