Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at that stage where I'm finding it hard to settle on any one mouthpiece. I'm playing Tenor now for over 5 years and have went through a good few mouthpieces. My Tenor is a yani T991 UL and I love it!! Also have a T901 and S901. Searching through my sax drawer, I found some mpc's that I'm not going to use anymore. Well first of all I have reverted back to the original stock Yani Ebonite 7 mpc which I'm now using again, can't believe how great this piece really is (pure sound).
The Lebayle LRII I'm thinking of either selling or swapping, It's got some scratches on the beak but since this piece requires a mpc patch/cushion the scratches don't cause a problem. So if any of you guys/girls are interested in swapping or buying this piece, give me a shout. The piece doesn't come with cap or lig, I purchased this piece only a few months ago from sax.co.uk for 369 euro. I'm willing to sell the LRII for 230euro excluding delivery price from Ireland. I'm simply selling this piece as I don't like the feel of a metal mpc in my mouth and as it doesn't have a biteplate it requires a mpc patch, I don't like using them either!!

So, if anyone wants to swap a good ebonite piece similar to the LRII, I'd be interested!! I mainly play Jazz, a little funk and some rock when required. My favourite sound is probably that of Sonny Rollins of Dextor Gordon amongst many of the other greats.. Dark and a little edgy, if you got an ebonite piece that you'd consider swapping like a Grained Berg etc, I'd be interested in hearing from you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts