Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically saw the same post but for bari. Title has the question. Ive seen allora and the sakkusu sopranos sax.co.uk sells and i also wonder if they are any good.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,504 Posts
Seriously buy an Antigua or late model Antigua Winds. I have the latter and for the last 6 years Ive been performing on it regularly and it plays in tune with a nice bell tone that spreads and never goes out of adjustment. Works well with my stm Link 6* and Wanne Gaia.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Find a used Yamaha 475. Great horn for the money

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
+1 on Antigua Winds, even if I don't really play soprano and will probably sell mine (though not to you, Sax&Caps--no offence intended).

·
Registered
896 Posts
Seriously buy an Antigua or late model Antigua Winds. I have the latter and for the last 6 years Ive been performing on it regularly and it plays in tune with a nice bell tone that spreads and never goes out of adjustment. Works well with my stm Link 6* and Wanne Gaia.
+1 on Antigua.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I play the Kessler Custom Performance Soprano. This is a $700 horn made in Asia. I've compared myself playing this horn to my playing on the Yanagisawa S901, S902, SC991, SC992, a few Selmer Mark VI's , a Selmer Series III, and a Yamaha Custom 875. I didn't find a significant difference between the horns, though my overall favorites were the S901 and S902. I concluded that for the time being, the Kessler Soprano wasn't holding me back and so I'm sticking with it and I would say that at $700, it is certainly the least expensive soprano worth purchasing!

·
Registered
311 Posts
The first generation of sax.co.uk Sakkusu sopranos ("tick logo" models with black key-pearls), were made in Taiwan and were excellent.
I haven't tried the current model (made in China).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Kessler Soprano or WWBWs Allora Vienna curved or straight Paris series. I have owned both Kessler and Allora curved sopranos (I believe both made in Vietnam by Tenon) and good horns for what you pay for, especially if you find slightly used. In fact, I have just bought another Kessler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts