Sax on the Web Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Selmer Series III Alto
91 Posts
Who keeps sending abuse to someone AFTER they've been refunded+shipping? What's even the point? What possible additional remedy could he hope to receive?

·
Registered
Cannonball Vintage Reborn Tenor Sax with Otto Link STM NY 7
255 Posts
Who keeps sending abuse to someone AFTER they've been refunded+shipping? What's even the point? What possible additional remedy could he hope to receive?
Seriously, it is all about the noise. I doubt that he even cares about the refund. We like to perform, yes? This is his performance. It is all about the noise.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Well, it just arrived back and gosh darn, wouldn't you know it, its a tenor!
The refund in full has been made.
Like an episode of Seinfeld, there was no hugging and no learning. :)
Some people are like that and they will never change. I had an aunt like that :)

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I will say one thing - the old La Voz metal reed guards I have for baritone do not quite fit Vandoren baritone reeds as the VD reeds are just a wee bit wider. Is it possible the angry man is using some unusually wide reeds? On the other hand, I use the metal reed guards for tenor with Vandoren reeds, and there's tons of extra width so the reeds would have to be super wide to have an issue.

I note that tenor and alto use the same extrusion, same pressure plate, so the only difference is the alto is cut off 3/8" or so shorter. I also see that my alto reeds hang off a wee bit at the butt end, with no negative effects over the 40+ years I've been using them; the tenor reeds don't hang over. My metal baritone reed holder is in the storage space so I can't take a look at it.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I will say one thing - the old La Voz metal reed guards I have for baritone do not quite fit Vandoren baritone reeds as the VD reeds are just a wee bit wider. Is it possible the angry man is using some unusually wide reeds? On the other hand, I use the metal reed guards for tenor with Vandoren reeds, and there's tons of extra width so the reeds would have to be super wide to have an issue.

I note that tenor and alto use the same extrusion, same pressure plate, so the only difference is the alto is cut off 3/8" or so shorter. I also see that my alto reeds hang off a wee bit at the butt end, with no negative effects over the 40+ years I've been using them; the tenor reeds don't hang over. My metal baritone reed holder is in the storage space so I can't take a look at it.
Its possible of course. Having resorted to vitriol in his initial comments to me we were never in a position to have a discussion about it. I got my first one when they were brand new and I've never in all those years heard of them being too narrow for a tenor reed.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts