Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Cannonball Vintage Reborn Tenor Sax with Otto Link STM NY 7
255 Posts
I worked a retail complaint counter in the 80s. It takes all kinds of people to make up the world. Had to develop a thick skin. Some of the worst offenders were refunds. Then I realized the objective was all the noise and the refund did not really matter. Thank him for his observations and wish him well.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Thîs is quite fascinating. First, Kritavi is great to deal with. Bought a really fine .115b RPC tenor mpc from him quite some time ago. Second, regardless of the length isn’t it quite obvious if it works l, right? Reeds either fit or they don’t, seems simple enough to me. Either way, if one wants to go through all that trouble that’s on them. The level of vitriol almost makes me wonder if there are other mental health issues involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like a bit of anger management would be in order. But, I am guessing that he is rather well past the point of no return.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,998 Posts
Everyone who knows Kritavi knows he is a man of honesty and integrity. No harm done, except to the complainant's reputation.
I respectfully disagree, Leon. It is entirely consistent with the complaintant’s reputation - no harm done to anyone!

All the best to you, my friend.

Be well,

George

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am dealing with a very angry man who insists that the LaVoz Metal reedgard I sent him for Tenor, is in fact for alto. ...
I've offered to take it back and refund the purchase price and shipping both ways but he still feels quite upset about it and has been rather rude and insulting towards me over it.
Kritavi, It's too bad that the customer is angry and abusive. It's one of the reasons why I'm not in retail. Sometimes they're like that. Regardless, they are the customer. Refund his money, tell him to keep it, blow off his anger, and move on. The money on the table isn't worth this hassle. Don't do business with him again.

Are you seriously keeping this guy on hold while you consult this friggin' internet group? What are you smoking? How would you like it if you were the customer and the seller says "wait, I have to ask my friends and see what the group says." End this now.

·
33,998 Posts
Kritavi, It's too bad that the customer is angry and abusive. It's one of the reasons why I'm not in retail. Sometimes they're like that. Regardless, they are the customer. Refund his money, tell him to keep it, blow off his anger, and move on. The money on the table isn't worth this hassle. Don't do business with him again.

Are you seriously keeping this guy on hold while you consult this friggin' internet group? What are you smoking? How would you like it if you were the customer and the seller says "wait, I have to ask my friends and see what the group says." End this now.
See Post #7 on the first page (several days ago).

I shared this thread and also another ebay listing agreeing on the size to the "gentleman".
His reply has my laughing and I thought I would share it here just for fun.
Keep in mind I immediately agreed to the return and paid for the return label yesterday.
It's a truism that the smallest sales cause the biggest problems. I don't think I've ever had a customer this angry in 20+ years on ebay.:)
Dear jwsaxophone,

And you Jim, have grown in your stupidity and lack of knowledge. I expect you to pay for the costs of shipping back something that I never ordered, that is the wrong size, and does not work for tenor sax reeds. You really are a dumb and stupid sax owner, who has his head so far up his ass that **** is coming out of his ears. And I am somehow lucky that you will take it back??? The only kind of luck you bring is bad luck. You are the cheapest SOB I ever met, who can not own up to his mistakes in life, and expects others to pay for them
Done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kritavi,
That's not cool to share a client's private email message on the internet. I cannot believe the administrators allowed this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like Kritavi posted what was a private email from his customer to him. It's not up to us to decide if it contained confidential material. What if it did? He can't undo showing it. A Buyer who corresponds with a Seller has every right to expect it to remain private. That business is between Kratavi and his Buyer; in other words, it's none of our business. That Buyer, however unreasonably vocal in his anger, was doing business with Kritavi; not Kritavi and his Sax-On-The-Web gang. In my opinion, this is unacceptable, and I think the administrators should consider censoring Kritavi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I shared this thread and also another ebay listing agreeing on the size to the "gentleman". His reply has my laughing [....] I don't think I've ever had a customer this angry in 20+ years on ebay.:)
Dear jwsaxophone,

And you Jim, have grown in your stupidity and lack of knowledge. I expect you to pay for the costs of shipping back something that I never ordered, that is the wrong size, and does not work for tenor sax reeds. You really are a dumb and stupid sax owner, who has his head so far up his ass that **** is coming out of his ears. And I am somehow lucky that you will take it back??? The only kind of luck you bring is bad luck. You are the cheapest SOB I ever met, who can not own up to his mistakes in life, and expects others to pay for them
Very simply, the person fits the description of a narcissistic troll. An honest person, if felt wronged, would have sent you a photo to demonstrate that the reed guard does not fit his reeds. The ad hominem attack on you personally is uncalled for. You took the honorable way out, he is not worth your time. For the sake of humor, here's an outcome we may have hoped for (not, LOL!). :LOL:

·
33,998 Posts
Kritavi,
That's not cool to share a client's private email message on the internet. I cannot believe the administrators allowed this.
Sheesh, who’s smoking what now?

P.S. You don’t need to reply if you choose not to reveal private medical information or criminal activity.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think big K handled it very well, and I don't think the client would hold back posting the message here, if they were a member of this group . :) I actually had a good laugh over it, although I grew up in a house where this would be considered normal dinner table razz. I'd have a beer and stogie with the client.

I'm also sure it would be taken down if the client saw it, and requested. Somehow, I don't think they are worried about it...

Of course, I've never been on a big name tour bus, I've only been in John Lennons psychedelic Phantom V - I'm a nothing.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
There is of course nothing about an electronic message that is confidential unless that is agreed to by both parties in advance and stipulated to. Having complete the transaction by immediately accepting the return in full, nothing that followed was business. In fact it was no more that a string of insults that began with "What kind of games do you think you are playing" and then got worse from there.

Another thing you are missing Felix is that I have not given a name here, have I? No, not at all and that is intentional. For while I think this schmuck is ripe for mockery and fodder for our collective mirth, I personally don't like the idea of doxing and would not engage in it. I'm just having fun at the expense of an ******* who has shown no hesitation to make his rants and insults public to the degree he was banned here. As Dr. G suggests, there is nothing the least bit revelatory here.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sheesh, who’s smoking what now? P.S. You don’t need to reply if you choose not to reveal private medical information or criminal activity.
Agreed, the person was referred to generically as "The Gentleman"; no PII (personally identifiable information) was shared, only text of the discussion, just as you alluded to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Felix, if you do something that is shameful and others find out about it either by lawsuit, prosecution or the gossip at the local pub, there is only one person to blame.....YOU. (Not you personally, Felix)

If something is shameful and you don't want others to find out about your shameful act, don't commit the shameful act in the first place. Crying over the fact that your shameful act was publicized is pretty narcissist.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Kritavi, you did the right thing end of story....

The fact that the clown was abusive made you second guess yourself for a moment. I sympathize with you and understand why you would want just a tad of confirmation from peers. Hence the reason you posted here. I get it, even if others do not.

Carry on my good man, that guy is a clown. You made good faith efforts to rectify the situation. Sadly you've fallen into a personality disorder web.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts