Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I enjoyed it! What kind of gear did you get?
Thanks Mark! This is a very, very simple home setup. Interface is an Audient ID22 and an AKG C214 condenser microphone. I was borrowing a friend's Royer R122 ribbon mic, but I actually preferred the AKG...

·
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love it. I thought the R122 is IT for tenor recording, why didn't you like it?
Thanks!

Well, maybe I should revisit it before I give it back... I know ribbons are supposed to be the ideal for saxophone recording. I guess it was TOO flat, if that makes sense? Probably nothing that couldn't be fixed with an EQ, and I'm sure FLAT is what we really want right?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks!

Well, maybe I should revisit it before I give it back... I know ribbons are supposed to be the ideal for saxophone recording. I guess it was TOO flat, if that makes sense? Probably nothing that couldn't be fixed with an EQ, and I'm sure FLAT is what we really want right?
Well, you know what you can read online nowadays. But IMHO, it comes down to personal preference. But from what I hear, I love the condenser output.

·
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you know what you can read online nowadays. But IMHO, it comes down to personal preference. But from what I hear, I love the condenser output.
Thank you, I was happy with the overall sound coming through as well so far as a test. No EQ involved, no compression and just a TINY bit of D-verb.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Very tasty playing. I thought the condenser worked well. I use an Oktava, that I used to use on my guitar while street performing, myself. Of course, my recordings don't go anywhere!

·
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody! I plan to record at home a lot more, so maybe I will share here from time to time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts